10.22.2013

Divorce

My very opinionated view of divorce.

It's probably the worst thing I ever did for my child.
If his father and I had dated longer, maybe we would not have been married. Only God knows.
But, since we did marry.... if we had just grown up, put ourselves aside, tried harder every day to bring out the best in each other, and stopped ourselves from letting our own 'baggage' get in the way, we would have saved our child a lot of heartbreak and sorrow.
We would also be sharing in the joy of his successes now.... together
which would bring immense joy to our son!
And he deserves that.
No child deserves to be a victim of divorce.

After my divorce, I quickly realized that I was going to better serve my son and be the best possible parent I could be, if I stayed single and didn't confuse things by trying to make room for another husband in my life. Besides I couldn't bear the thought of putting my child through the ups and downs of a relationship outside of the one I should  be having with his father.

As co-parents, the common goal must be our children.
It is an 18 year commitment for each and every child we bring into this world.
I truly believe it is our moral obligation to be the very best parent we can be, to raise our children up to be the best human being they can be, to reach their highest potential, to be compassionate global citizens, to strive to succeed beyond our own successes, and to use their skills/talents as a platform for making a positive difference in our world.





No comments:

Post a Comment