2.14.2014

Looking for Love in a World Crazy for Valentine's Day.

It’s Valentine’s Day again and all this talk of love and chocolate is getting annoying. Apparently there are over 54 million singles in the United States..... really?? 
If so, how many of those are men, taller than me, over age 40, done having children and actually AVAILABLE?
You see, being a 46 yr old, 6 foot tall woman automatically narrows my field of possibilities way down. Then add in personal preferences, lifestyle, faith, and whoa.... there seems to be no men left.
Katie Couric was recently engaged at age 57 and her advice is to date a lot and tell everyone you know that you are available and looking for love. 
Well lately I have gone out on a limb and bravely (or stupidly) let some specific men, who may know other good men, know that I am available. I even let one friend know on Twitter, hoping that might get the word out to the right people.  The problem is that I fear doing this could be translated as desperate or worse, which I am not.
But, like I said, I am 6 feet tall and I would like a tall man.
In fact, I’d like a tall man who puts his faith in God, loves basketball, keeps himself fit, likes to workout, wants a monogamous relationship, likes to be silly and have fun but is also responsible, someone who can laugh at himself, someone who cares for people – ALL people, a man who will try to bring out the best in me and never intentionally take advantage of or disrespect me. I would like a man who values human dignity and social justice, is committed to self-improvement, be a good example for my 20 yr old son, and embrace our simple family motto: Pursue Excellence, Cheer for Others, and Do What’s Right. 
Lastly, a man who will love me in all my perfect imperfections.
So…… here’s my latest attempt to let others know that I am available for the right man.
wink wink.  Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment