1.02.2014

Lessons Learned

One lesson I learned in 2013, is that blessings don't always come in nicely wrapped packages nor do they always look and feel the way we expect something good to be. Often the blessing comes out of pain, out of lessons learned through experiences we wish we had not encountered. But I am learning that adversity and hardship are blessings in disguise. And I should rejoice in the lessons learned!


Another lesson - it's ok to take risks. Taking risks, takes courage, and we were made to be courageous! I am stronger, more inspiring, braver, more exciting, creative, and more productive when I allow myself to show more courage. I believe it's part of life-long learning and becoming the best me. Recently I let a friend take a photo of me standing on the beach, in the Bahamas, 25 lbs heavier than 6 months ago, in a two piece swimsuit....yikes. I haven't done the bikini pic since I was a teenager. But I did it because I wanted to see if I could look at myself with love and acceptance and maturity rather than with judgement. I did it!
Of course, it is now my "before pic" for inspiring myself to get back in shape. But, it's also a reminder that I am a strong, courageous woman who can love and accept myself as is, while on my way to becoming even better!

And yet another lesson - peace is not the absence of affliction. It is the presence of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment